Camping out and cooking great foods on the campfire or stove is fun, but you don’t want to spend all your leisure time preparing food. Camping food preparation, done at home, will give you more leisure time while on your camping trip. The cook at camp is the one doing the work, so why not make it easy on yourself and have your camping food preparation already done.
Here are some of the camping food preparations tips that will get you on the right track.
Do these things a day or two before you leave and camp cooking will be a breeze.
- Freeze up plastic bottles, large and small, of clean water. These can be used in place of ice in the beginning, and once they thaw out you have cool water to drink. In fact, block ice will last a lot longer than bag ice any day of the week.
- Cook up ground beef and other meats ahead of time and freeze. These will also help you save on ice in the early days of your camping trip, and when they thaw out, just heat them up and you are good to go. This could be meat, stew, beans, or whatever you family loves to eat. Camping food preparation like this will save you hours of work.
- Eggs are almost impossible to carry in the shell without breaking, so here is a trick for carrying eggs. Some people use a Tupperware rolling pin because they are made to fill with cold water. Just crack and pour a dozen eggs inside the rolling pin and pour them out as needed. If you don’t have the rolling pin you can put all the eggs in a small plastic container and accomplish the same thing. The eggs will pour out one at a time, just when you need them, and you have no worries about the shells.
- Take plenty of foil with you because you can cook and store with it. Many campfire recipes are cooked in foil and it needs to be heavy-duty foil to take the campfire heat.
- If you plan on cooking anything that has vegetables or fruit, that needs to be cut up, you can do that ahead of time as well. Once your vegetable are cut, just place them in a gallon freezer bagfor
easy traveling. Do not do this with vegetables or fruits that will turn brown.
Camping Food Preparation Tips
The camp kitchen makes this all a stand up sport and way cleaner as well.There are probably a lot more camping food preparation ideas you will think of as you start getting ready for your trip, but hopefully the ones above will get your mind thinking. It does take a little extra effort to do these things before you leave, but you will be so happy you did! Just think how wonderful it will be to feed your family great meals right in the great outdoors, and without it taking up your whole day.
Enjoy your next camping trip by using the camping food preparation tips above. Isn’t it time the cook has some fun outdoors too?
Article By: Ronda Grice at: http://www.ghostwritingcenter.com/
Incoming search terms:
- camping food